Culture to Give
How does Holy Spirit Episcopal School raise money?
Holy Spirit Episcopal School's primary development fundraising activities are the annual Fund for Excellence campaign, the community Auction and parent organizations such as PTO and Booster Club.
What is the Fund for Excellence?
The Fund for Excellence is Holy Spirit's annual fund campaign that asks those in the Holy Spirit community to support the school in areas of Academics, Arts, Athletics, Financial Aid, Learning Resource Center, Plant Maintenance and Technology. Annual campaigns are imperative and customary for non-profit schools and organizations.
Why do I need to give to the annual fund?
The annual fund directly affects the lives of students at Holy Spirit Episcopal School by enriching their education through various programs. It provides financial support for extra resources that would require to raise tuition rates.
What type of programs will I support by giving?
- Athletic equipment
- Classroom materials and supplies
- Community outreach
- Costa Rica Cultural Exchange Program
- Professional development
- Field days
- Field trips
- Fine Arts materials
- Music program
- Operation and maintenance of facilities
- Playground maintenance and upgrades
- Religious instruction materials
- Surveillance system
- Salaries and benefits
- Technology advancement
- Theater Arts program
- Tuition assistance
What is the goal for the annual fund?
Each year we set a goal for how much we would like to raise through annual giving along with the yearly goal of achieving 100% parent, governance and staff participation.
What are the benefits for supporting the annual fund?
Holy Spirit Episcopal School is an organization described in section 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donors may deduct contributions as provided in section 170 of the Code. Gifts may be eligible for Matching Gift programs offered by your employer which could double and sometimes triple the impact of your gift.
When is the Holy Spirit Episcopal Community Auction?
Every year Holy Spirit Episcopal Church and School host a community event that is typically held on a Friday or Saturday evening during the spring semester in Palmer Hall, the school gym or another location. The Auction takes place every-other-year and a low-key, social event is planned for non-Auction years.
How can I get involved with the Auction?
Our auction calls for volunteers year-round in a variety of areas including joining a committee, securing auction items or underwriters, and attending the event.
Please contact Florencia Parada, Director of Advancement for ways to get involved and visit the Charitable Giving section of our website to find out more about contributing to Holy Spirit Episcopal School.
Director of Advancement
(713) 468-5138, ext. 213
Ways to Give
- Check payable to Holy Spirit Episcopal School
- Credit Card
- Pledge and pay later by cash, check, or credit card (Make a pledge now...)
- Stock or other non-cash items
- Planned giving
- Matching Gifts – Monetary donations and service hours may be eligible for Matching Gift programs. Please contact your human resources representative for more information on how your gift may be matched.
- Tax Deductible
- Holy Spirit Episcopal School is an organization described in section 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donors may deduct contributions as provided in section 170 of the Code.
You may pledge, donate online or and mail your donation today by clicking the link above.